As a Solutions Architect at Ceryx you will be part of our Project and Engineering team and report to the Manager of IT Engineering. Your primary role will be focused as an Office 365 Unified Communications architect. You will participate in the design, planning, testing, deployment, management and support of increasingly large and complex messaging and collaboration solutions hosted in various Ceryx collocated Data Centers, third party IaaS/SaaS clouds and customer on premise sites. The environments include multi-tenant and dedicated designs focusing primarily on Microsoft Skype for Business, SharePoint and Exchange applications.
As a successful candidate you will have experience working for large enterprises or service providers. You are able to work well without direct supervision in either a team or alone. You are comfortable working with and learning many different products and technologies in a fast paced demanding environment.
- Working with an amazing team of Microsoft experts, someone’s always got your back.
- Gathering and analyzing customer requirements to design complex Microsoft solutions.
- Interacting directly with senior technical and business stakeholders.
- Writing business and technical documentation including proposals, architecture documents, and migration plans.
- Creating and maintaining Ceryx documentation, diagrams and procedures.
- Researching new and existing technologies to increase operational efficiency, performance and value to company stakeholders.
- Providing escalated third tier technical support for internal and external parties.
- When we can’t fix it, we call the vendor. They love our calls, because we only call when it’s really broken.
- Performing environment assessments and planning remediation activities.
- Deploying, maintaining and optimizing Office 365 environments.
- Travel to visit customer and partner locations.
- Ability to travel to the US is highly desirable.
- Work after-hours for critical situations or scheduled work.
- Participate in an escalated on-call rotation.
- Execute other technical tasks as our operating environment changes.
- Some travel, after-hours and on-call work may be required.
Desired Skills and Experience
The desired candidate for this role will have already gathered the following essential skills and qualifications:
- You have managed a Skype for Business environment with Enterprise voice for over 5,000 users.
- You frequently watch Channel 9 while completing your daily exercise routine.
- You are a master in Visio and can use it to draw a network diagram while blindfolded.
- You have outstanding analytical skills, with the ability to analyze complex situations and respond quickly to provide options and action plans to solve the problem.
- You can explain subnets, gateways and load balancing to a non-technical stakeholder and hold your own in a discussing with a network engineer.
- You have a credible and professional presence. There’s a suit and some ties in your wardrobe but there’s some jeans in there too.
- You have an expert knowledge of Skype for Business on-premises and online.
- You’ve installed and configured one or more key collaboration products such as Skype for Business 2016, Exchange 2016 and Azure AD Sync.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- You can provide a sample of your written non-confidential technical work.
- Experience working in a Service Provider environment is a plus.
- MVPs and TechNet contributions are valued
- Involvement in the Microsoft user community, MVPs and TechNet Contributions score extra points.
- B.Sc. in or related degree Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Information Technology Management preferred.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com and reference Solutions Architect – Skype in the Subject Line. No telephone calls will be accepted.
Ceryx is equal opportunity employer.